Thursday, 29 January 2009

Big Girl

Lately Jayna (and I) have been struggling with the whole help me, let me go thing.

Here is my 2 going on 8 year old, she looks so old here!

She really wants to be a big girl, but also still wants to be a baby in so many ways.

She begs me to wear panties, but refuses to sit on the potty.

She wants to sit in the high chair for one meal, and in her own chair (not booster) the next.

She wants to do everything herself, put on her clothes, shoes, hat, mitts, except when she's not in the mood and wants me to do it all for her.

She says she's a big girl and then asks me to rock her like a baby and give her a bottle.

She wants to eat everything Gibb and I eat, and everything Kepler eats.
(Is it wrong that I'm totally taking advantage of her wanting to eat baby food, by giving her a bowl of green beans to eat, she would never touch this if it wasn't baby food).

I think part of the problem is that I feel the exact same way as her. I want her to be a big girl and an example to Kepler, and use manners and not throw tantrums, but I also still want her to be my sweet baby girl. No wonder the poor girl is so confused! It's not always easy watching your kids grow up.