Thursday, 14 January 2010

one of each

I love having a girl and a boy!
It seems like I know so many people right now who have, or are going to have, a girl and a boy, or a boy and a girl.

When I was pregnant with Jayna, we thought it was a boy. But I was SO excited when we found out she was a GIRL! Gibb took a little while to come around, but as soon as she was born, she had him wrapped around her little finger.

When I was pregnant with Kepler, we thought (and hoped) it was another girl. I'm not going to lie we were both a little disappointed when we found out it was a BOY. It definitely took me a while to come around, but as soon as he was born I fell in love with my little guy!

Once we had Kepler I can't even count how many people said to us, you guys have the million dollar family, one of each! Now you can be done. I don't think we're done yet, but I do think we lucked out with our 2 munchkins. I'm so glad that we can't pick what we get, because then we wouldn't have our little family the way it is.

Each of our kids is such an important part of the family. Jayna is the little mommy! She is nurturing, compassionate, imaginative, helpful, artisitc, dramatic, and likes to try and be in charge and boss us all around. Kepler is our little sweetie! He's sensitive, snuggly, affectionate, talkative, fun loving, busy, and mischevious. I can't imagine our family without either of them.

It's weird to think of having another baby, and then it wouldn't be even anymore. I know when people have all boys or girls, they can't imagine having something different. But it's hard to imagine having another baby of the same sex of one we already have. I think if I had to pick I would have another girl and then another boy, and then we would still be even! But (I think) I've learned my lesson to be happy either way, and I know that whatever happens it will be perfect for our family :)