Sunday, 9 March 2008

All dressed up with nowhere to go

It was supposed to be the Dental School Formal yesterday. Gibb and I have never gone to it and we thought (or I thought) it would be fun to go since this is our last year. I was so excited, except for the fact that I had to wear a maternity dress. I had even made an appointment to get my hair done, until the salon called in the morning saying that there were no stylists coming in that day since no one could get to work because of all the snow! I was so disappointed, especially since I was planning on getting shoes and jewelry while I was out! That's what I get for leaving things to the last possible second. Luckily my friend Julie had told me she had some jewelry I could borrow and she also happens to do hair and offered to do mine. So I headed out to her house which is about 4 or 5 blocks away and 15 minutes later finally made it off my street! I ended up getting there 45 minutes later after getting totally stuck twice and having to have Casey come pick me up. Julie ended up doing 5 beautiful updo's that afternoon (with Kisha as her assistant) and we all went home to put on our dresses and finish getting ready. Then an hour before we were going to leave we heard that the formal had been canceled, we were so disappointed! So we decided since we were already dressed up and had baby-sitters lined up we mind as well still go out. So we found a restaurant that was still open and went to the melting pot! We pretty much had the place to ourselves and it ended up being a really fun night!