We had a home inspection and the inspector checked every square inch of the house including the chimney. As the unsuspecting inspector peered up into the darkness of the very seldom used chimney, he suddenly noticed 2 glowing yellow eyes staring back at him through the darkness! I heard a yell and footsteps running out of the room. He came to me and said, "there's something living in your chimney!" Well I quickly called the critter control and a very brave man came by. He climbed up onto the roof and asked me to light a small fire. Well I didn't want to fool around so I lit all the spare newspaper we had left. The intruder didn't like that at all and scampered up and out of the chimney, narrowly missing the noose waiting at the opening. The raccoon was cornered at the edge of the roof contemplating his odds of surviving the 2 story drop when suddenly the stealthy professional noosed him. He hissed with anger and thrashed to no avail. Soon he would be on his way back to the wild frontier or the gas chamber (I didn't really ask).
Friday, 9 May 2008
Sneaky Bandit
WARNING, ANIMALS WERE HARMED DURING THE PHOTOS DEPICTED HERE. ANYONE WITH A LOVE FOR MANGY RABID ANIMALS SHOULD READ NO FURTHER.
We had a home inspection and the inspector checked every square inch of the house including the chimney. As the unsuspecting inspector peered up into the darkness of the very seldom used chimney, he suddenly noticed 2 glowing yellow eyes staring back at him through the darkness! I heard a yell and footsteps running out of the room. He came to me and said, "there's something living in your chimney!" Well I quickly called the critter control and a very brave man came by. He climbed up onto the roof and asked me to light a small fire. Well I didn't want to fool around so I lit all the spare newspaper we had left. The intruder didn't like that at all and scampered up and out of the chimney, narrowly missing the noose waiting at the opening. The raccoon was cornered at the edge of the roof contemplating his odds of surviving the 2 story drop when suddenly the stealthy professional noosed him. He hissed with anger and thrashed to no avail. Soon he would be on his way back to the wild frontier or the gas chamber (I didn't really ask).


We had a home inspection and the inspector checked every square inch of the house including the chimney. As the unsuspecting inspector peered up into the darkness of the very seldom used chimney, he suddenly noticed 2 glowing yellow eyes staring back at him through the darkness! I heard a yell and footsteps running out of the room. He came to me and said, "there's something living in your chimney!" Well I quickly called the critter control and a very brave man came by. He climbed up onto the roof and asked me to light a small fire. Well I didn't want to fool around so I lit all the spare newspaper we had left. The intruder didn't like that at all and scampered up and out of the chimney, narrowly missing the noose waiting at the opening. The raccoon was cornered at the edge of the roof contemplating his odds of surviving the 2 story drop when suddenly the stealthy professional noosed him. He hissed with anger and thrashed to no avail. Soon he would be on his way back to the wild frontier or the gas chamber (I didn't really ask).