Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Birthday Dinner

Today I turned the big 2-8. I'll save the part about how I feel so old, and just say that it was a low-key, but fun day. Of course the spa was so awesome, the perfect gift! I thought that Gibb was going to be working the rest of the day and then have a meeting after that. But it turned out that he only had a couple patients and then his meeting was canceled, hooray! So he told me to choose a restaurant, any restaurant, and he would take us out to celebrate. So I chose Red Lobster. Yes, you read that right. First of all it's kid friendly, very important. Second of all it's pretty much my only chance to go there when Gibb has no veto power (he's not crazy about sea food). Two highlights of the night were:
  1. When the man in the booth beside us told us that our children were very well behaved!
  2. Gibb cracking all my crab legs for me, because I think it's disgusting to crack, but so yummy to eat it!

Me & my sweet little girl

The whole family

We wore Kepler out and brought him home way past his early 7:00 pm bedtime
(Kepler never stays asleep in his car seat, this is so rare for him)