Jayna loves to jump! Anywhere and everywhere, but her favourite place is probably her crib. When we go in to get her after naps a lot of times she is jumping up and down and yelling "JUMPING!". Half the time she doesn't even want to get out of her crib because she's having so much fun (fine by me).
Jayna could colour and do play-doh all day some days. Lately she has started "writing" the Letter A (she actually does a decent job). It's her favourite letter right now (probably because it's one of only five letters she knows). This is so OT of me, but I was so proud of her awesome grasp!
"Going shopping" (like mother, like daughter). That's what Jayna told me when I asked where she was going with her stroller. Jayna loves to get on all her gear and push her babies and stuffed animals around in the stroller.
Dance, Dance, Dance! Jayna has some pretty sweet dance moves. She loves music and singing and dancing to the songs on her leapfrog toy on the fridge.
This backpack was one of the best things I've ever bought Jayna. She wears it around all the time, and occasionally is allowed to wear it when we go out. She carries all her important things in there (you know, like her rocks, her necklaces and sometimes she sneaks her special blankie in there too).
"Goggs" (or goggles). Jayna loves to wear these around and also thinks it's funny for me or Kepler to put them on once in a while too.
We read books a LOT at our house. Some of our usual favourites are pretty much any Sandra Boynton or Dr. Seuss. The ones we've been reading over and over lately are One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Hey, Wake Up!, Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs and Wiggle Waggle.
Oh yeah, and our second child Kepler, where is he during all this? He is just busy being a total angel, he's such a good baby! He spends a lot of his time in this chair. He just loves it! He doesn't like his swing or anything else. He also spends a lot of time in his crib or the baby sling. I love this guy, I'm so glad he's part of our family!
One of my favourite things is to lay in bed for a while after I wake up. But this doesn't get to happen that often anymore. Once in a while I'll bring Kepler in to our bed to feed him in the morning, just to feel like I'm sleeping in a little bit. Then when Jayna gets up she likes to come into our bed for fun too. There is nothing better than our morning family snuggle (for the whole 5 seconds that it lasts).
We've also had lots of fun exploring our new town this summer. We love our library and have found tons of fun parks and playgrounds close by. Here are some of our favourites.
Wow, this post became really long! But that is pretty much what life is like around here right now. The other thing we've been up to the last couple weeks is dealing with a teething 2 year old (molars are brutal!), and passing around colds. I gave it to Jayna, Jayna gave it to Kepler, and I guess now Kepler will have to pass it on to Gibb.