Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Teddy Bear Picnic

Lindsay and I have been doing preschool for our kids once a week this year. We were just talking about how this is something we do all the time, but never take pictures of or blog about. So I pulled out the camera today, to document something that is part of our every day life (or every week).
All the kids love preschool, and I love it too because it gives me something to do and forces me to plan some fun activities for my kids. Today Kepler surprised me by knowing and writing some letters! I realized how much he's been learning (and how much I underestimate him).

Today we had a Teddy Bear Picnic as the theme. I remember doing this same thing when I was a kid and I loved it. They were all so proud of their Teddy Bears and couldn't stop talking about them, and giving them hugs and kisses.
It looks like they're wearing some sort of weird crowns, but they're supposed to be teddy bear ears.

For a snack we had honey on toast, blueberries and strawberries, goldfish and teddy grahams.
We ended off the morning by going on a Bear Hunt for the teddy bears. This was a favourite, especially with the 2 boys. But we had to end it the third time around when Ivy turned into the bear they were hunting for and Kepler found/caught her by tackling her to the ground.
Preschool is always a fun way to pass the morning, and I know that the kids had fun doing something when they remember and are still excited to tell Gibb about it when he gets home.